Wednesday, May 31, 2006

If lust and hate is the candy...

I've been blogligent. But I swear, I've got good excuses--lots of them! Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD.

Since I start back to work full time in a week and a half, I'm trying desperately to train myself to sleep and wake at appropriate hours. No more staying up until all hours of the night doing sudoku puzzles until my eyeballs burn and I can't see through the tears. No more sleeping in until Eric wakes me up. I somehow have to be able to get up before him, get ready for work, then wake him up and get him dressed and fed and out the door. Sounds like fun--like handling a slithering eel.

I'm also trying to break all my bad habits. I somehow need to turn myself into one of those people who washes their clothes and then irons them and hangs them up or folds them and puts them away. And someone who always has clean dishes, rather than a constant pile on the counter, some of which probably date back to 1972. But! Our landlord is finally going to replace our dishwasher--yay! I'm hoping for a strapping young lad named Rico. But a Ken(more) will do just fine.

I'm also weaning myself off of soda (again). Remember that diet I mentioned, oh, a couple months back? Yeah. I don't think the mere mention of it burned many calories at all. So, I need to get down to business. I saw some pictures this weekend from a wedding I stood up in a few summers ago, before Eric. I was comparatively svelte. Then I saw a picture of myself taken on Sunday, in which I looked like a linebacker. Yikes.

So, yes, I'm basically attempting a total life makeover in the next 12 days. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A linebacker? HAHAHA. It's not true, though. You don't look like a linebacker. Nonetheless, I understand looking at the pictures and being very annoyed. I saw pictures of myself that Heidi took and hate everybody.

I have my own plans for Appearance Enhancement (tm). They will be revealed in time. (i.e., later today, on my blog?)

Today's verification word: It's Australian for thin!

"loiht"

Heidi said...

Ha ha! I'm totally laughing at Nora's verification word now!

And as for you two complaining about how you look in pictures ... stop it!!!! You are both amazing and beautiful women (otherwise I would SO not be friends with you) and have nothing in the world to worry about.

And my verification word? "dcthy" Any ideas??

Elisa said...

Well, I wish you great luck in all your ventures!

I, on the other hand, will continue ALL my bad habits (except cussing b/c Emma's picking it up!) for the next five years at least!