Saturday, May 20, 2006

In case you mistakenly thought I was popular.


I got a new cell phone yesterday! Mine phone was pretty beat up, and I was eligible to renew my contract and get a new phone, so I did (and Chris did too, but hasn't activated it yet). You know how when you get a new phone, it's kind of exciting to hear whatever stupid ring tone you've chosen for it for the first few days? So, I anxiously awaited my first phone call. And waited. And waited. And waited. And am still waiting, actually. Well, that's kind of a lie. Last night, I called my own phone number from work, just to make sure that it was actually working. It was. On my way home from work, I called Chris and told him how sad I was that nobody had called me on my new phone yet. Moments later, his stupid old phone dropped the call. And he didn't even call me back. And my mom! Even my mom hasn't called me! And she's always calling me! I mean, it's not like I'm that popular, but it's unusual to go 24 hours without a phone call. I guess it's like that Jimmy Buffett song--if the phone doesn't ring, it's me.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I called you on Sunday! Did that at least make you a little happy?