Tuesday, November 18, 2008

On being a better self.

I often joke that being a stellar employee is the only role at which I have never failed spectacularly. It's true though. I would be mortified at work if I didn't bring my A game and a boss called me out on it. So why, then, am I so willing to accept mediocrity in other areas of my life? Why is it OK to let myself down but not others?

These are deep thoughts for this lunch hour. I'm thinking I'm going to actively need to work on this though. I hope it's an achievable goal to do things simply because they are right and good for me or my family. I hope that's not too much to ask in this lifetime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bold thoughts. With your stellar abilities, you should be living the life you want.

It's nice to be good at what you do at work though. I wish you offered lessons on that. I would sign up!