Saturday, February 22, 2020

My Roadmap to Change, Part 4 - Rest Stop

I think it's important to note that I wouldn't have described myself as miserable, depressed, or even unhappy with my life as a whole.  There were things I loved about my life and, on balance, I counted myself as a pretty successful human. But, at the same time, part of me still felt like I was just going through the motions. Like I was doing things out of habit that I didn't even necessarily want to be doing. That I kept doing things that were very, very safe and I didn't do anything that was outside of my narrowly defined comfort zone.  I felt unsatisfied with myself in that regard - like I was letting myself off the hook. Like I was doing well but not necessarily living up to my full potential.  I note, though, two plus years into the journey that maybe this feeling always exists on some level.  I hardly consider myself "fully transformed" at this point, but my goal to take one step out of the rut has just been replaced by a new goal. Such is life.

No comments: