Thursday, August 18, 2005

Sluuuuurp...

When I ask Eric for kisses, usually one of three things will happen. One of his long time favorite things to do is to bow his head down to my lips and allow me to kiss his forehead, as if he is royalty and I, some pleb who should be honored that he even cast his regal glance in my direction. Another kiss that Eric is fond of is a bit more straightforward. He simply presses his pursed lips against mine--no fanfare, no mushy stuff, just a plain old peck.

Then there's this third, new kiss. This kiss, I would say, falls into the "let's please hope you grow out of this by the time you reach your teens" category. This new kiss entails closing his eyes, opening his mouth, sticking out his tongue and slobbering all over my face. I honestly wonder if maybe he has access to my memory cells and has been watching replays of some of my more horrific dating encounters. In any case, I hope it's a passing phase because I don't want to be the one to have to tell my son that girls don't like sloppy dog kisses.

Here he is geared up for kiss type two:

No comments: